About the role
Amphio (formerly Touchpress) has always been at the cutting edge of the mobile industry, pushing
the creative boundaries of every project, every time. We’re looking for a designer to join us in
our London office. The design team at Amphio is responsible for all aspects of design including concept development, user research, prototyping, user testing, user experience design and
visual design. You will work very closely with the Design, Engineering and Production teams on identifying problems and creating elegant solutions. You should be comfortable communicating ideas at the fidelity required, from a sketch on a napkin to live prototypes.
Location: Holborn, London Salary: Competitive
- You’re a natural problem-solver who knows that the first answer is rarely the best answer.
- You care about understanding the user’s needs and wants.
- You come to the table with more than one option, exploring different directions and how they impact the user’s experience.
- You can articulate design choices and strategy so you’re easily understood by team members from all disciplines.
- You are willing to dive in and learn new skills both inside and outside of design.
- You keep abreast of the latest developments in technology from apps & web to machine learning & VR.
- Experience in designing for iOS, Android and Web, demonstrated through a solid portfolio
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Comfortable prototyping in Keynote, Invision, Proto.io and/or their equivalents (or just whatever medium it requires to fake it; even just using some cardboard and a bit of tape…)
- Experience with motion design, preferably with After Effects knowledge
- Minimum 2 years’ experience designing digital products
- Experience in going through the various stages of a project from research, concept development, prototyping, user-testing and the production of a commercial product.
- Proficient in After Effects and 3d-modelling software
- Experience of coding in languages such as Clojure, Python, Swift, etc
- Previous experience using Unity
- Knowing your hyphens from your en-dashes (otherwise known as a love of typography)
- A good sense of humour, and a wacky hobby.
The Amphio team delivers award-winning content solutions for cultural institutions.
Amphio grew out of Touchpress, which for more than five years worked with partners as diverse as Disney, Fondation Louis Vuitton and The Juilliard School to create multiple award-winning apps, making good content exceptional, engaging and interactive.
Our aim as a company has always been to ensure that the cultural sector realises its full digital potential. We have continued to do so by building innovative software, video and strategic solutions that challenge the status quo of how we experience culture in a mobile and visual world.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV, portfolio and covering letter. Please use the subject line ‘Design Application’.