Amphio (formerly Touchpress) is a digital partner for the arts and culture. Our aim as a company has always been to ensure that the cultural sector realises the full digital potential of its content. Our award-winning team continues to help organisations achieve this goal by building innovative software, video, and strategic solutions that reinvent how people experience culture in a mobile and visual world. We work with cultural organisations to develop a digital strategy that resonates with their audiences. We build prototypes and test them; we create apps, websites, and tailor-made cloud storage solutions for rich media; we produce videos and enhanced experiences that give culture the spotlight it deserves.
Our team is small (about 12 in total) but our varied talents allow us to take on big challenges. Our office is open-plan and our structure – flat. At Amphio, we encourage each other to learn new skills and support other areas of the business. As a designer you will be involved in concept development, user research, prototyping, user testing, user experience design and visual design; but also front-end development, marketing, and business strategy and who knows – maybe also event planning, acrobatics, and competitive crossword-solving. Hopefully, you’ll be teaching us something too. If you want to be in a place where you can be a bit more hands-on, where you can try different things and work in a small, family-like team, you’ll be happy at Amphio.
About the role
A designer at Amphio works closely with the Engineering and Production teams on solving problems and creating elegant solutions. We are looking for a mid-weight, well-rounded designer to join our team, and ideally you would be like this:
- You’re a natural problem-solver who knows that the first answer is rarely the best answer.
- You care about understanding the users’ needs and wants.
- You come to the table with more than one option, exploring different directions and how they impact the users’ experience.
- You can articulate design choices and strategy so you’re clearly understood by team members from all disciplines.
- You’re willing to dive in and learn new skills both inside and outside of design.
- You keep abreast of the latest developments in technology from apps and web to machine learning and VR.
- You naturally take initiative and don’t wait to be directed. You are efficient and manage your own time sensibly.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience designing digital products.
- Experience in going through the various stages of a project from research, concept development, prototyping, user-testing and the production of a commercial product.
- A master of Sketch and the Adobe CC Suite.
- Well-versed in prototyping software such as Proto.io, Invision or Keynote.
- A working understanding of Git.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a variety of work.
- Experience working in design sprints and scrum methodology.
- An interest in the arts and sciences. Even better if you play an instrument.
- Experience with languages like Python, Swift and Clojure/ClojureScript.
- Previously worked with React or Angular.
- Proficient in AfterEffects and Premiere Pro.
- Knowing your hyphens from your en-dashes (otherwise known as a love of typography)
- A good sense of humour, and a wacky hobby.
Location: Holborn, London (soon to move to Somerset House) Salary: min £25,000 pa
To apply for this role please email email@example.com with a CV, portfolio and covering letter. Please use the subject line ‘Design Application’.